Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Walkability

Okay it's getting a little warmer today... 40 degrees instead of 20 something. So people are out in my neighborhood. Walking. I'm walking Scout, my lab, of course. But in my afternoon walk around the block. I met 5 groups of people outside walking. Just getting out. They were glad to have a sunny day and some warmth. I'd reminded me about the New York Time article I read just a little while ago about walkability. For some people that's a major decision factor for buy their next house. Does the neighborhood have sidewalks? Can I walk to anything? There is now an actually walkability factor assigned to homes. See how yours stacks up. Check how the link below to the New York Times article. Great stuff to consider.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/10/business/10every.html

No comments:

Post a Comment